Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Office

My husband and I bought our house almost 10 years ago. I got pregnant with Emma right after we moved in so a lot of things we wanted to do to the house had to go on hold. Well, now we are ready. I tried desperately to find pictures of the offending rooms before we started our renovation projects, but ther were none to be found. Todd says we were protecting ourselves from the hideousness of the memories and so we must have not taken any pictures. I know my description will not do justice to the offensive nature of the rooms but here goes...

"The office" We painted it a very dark blue when we moved in. The carpet however was a tan color with a 12" border of hunter green around the edge. Why then would we paint it blue? Why not, the dining room was already painted the hunter green color and I guess we thought it would pull your eyes from the carpet if there was a bold color on the wall. The furniture was very oversized for the room and consisted of a full size desk, computer desk with hutch and a two drawer pull out filing cabinet. The kids loved the furniture size because all 5 (three neighbor boys also) could sit on the desk and chair while someone played the computer. Well, we did away with all of that.

Todd and I put down hard word floor, painted the walls a pale blueish green and bought black furniture (which size fit the space) and a new mac for daddy to play on.

The new office...

No comments: