Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Den

Well, we still have a few things to change...we are ordering our new chair this weekend and we will be able to finally move the old couch out of the room. We also need to hang some stuff on the walls, but all in all, we are done.
Recap...
I loved taking the base boards off the wall, ripping the carpet up, and taking down the bookshelves which I have hated since we moved in. Emma was sick during some of this and vomited on the carpet. I took my box cutter and cut that piece of the carpet out knowing it was going anyway...that is the ONLY way to deal with a mess like that!
We let the kids write on the floorboards while we were waiting to put the hardwoods in. They had the best time!

Anyway, this is what we have ended up with. The rooms looks and feels twice the size and it's so warm. I love spending time in this room.

No comments: