Monday, October 27, 2008

Want to know how you've measured up as a mom???....

visit your daughters Endocrinologist. I cringe every time we have an appointment with him. As much as I love him and think the world of him, I just know he's going to utter those crushing words "Mom, what do you think you've been doing?"

Every 6 months we head to the Endocrinologist and the Nephrologist to have Emma checked out. The Nephrologist said everything looked great, we are still waiting on some blood samples to come back, but the kidneys and urine looked great. We headed to the Endo today and was surprised when he said that Emma's A1C was 7.6. That has come down some and I didn't expect it to be super high (she's had a good run on numbers) but was pleased with 7.6. We discussed what we could do to keep her daily numbers lower toward the 120-150 and we are going to change the basal rate and see how that helps out.  We will know more about the thyroid later when some tests come back. As of now...we have a thumbs up from the Doc.

There are times that her blood sugar jumps way high for no apparent reason, which can cause the "long term" damage to the body. It's so frustrating to try to keep the sugar count at a good level. I know I'm from the south...but have never actually tried to catch a greased pig!! From what I've heard and seen in movies, it seems a lot like trying to keep blood sugars in a good range.

No comments: