Saturday, December 8, 2007

I've sold out

Christmas...making Bourbon balls,  listening to Robert Goulet's Christmas album , and smelling the sweet aroma of the freshly cut Christmas tree (whaoo)...this is where the memory takes a bad turn. It is a sad dark day at the Craig house. I let Todd talk me into getting an artificial Christmas tree this year. I'm not quite sure how it happened, one minuet I'm as adamant as always about having a real tree, and then the next thing I know we are at Costco buying a FAKE one. I have always had real trees and felt sorry for those people who had to have the artificial ones for some reason. I love the smell of a real tree...it symbolizes the start of the Christmas season for me. Todd assures me there are ways to get the smell of a tree (some type of spray in a can and/or candles). I stopped by my favorite Christmas tree place and picked up their live cuttings to put around the house. I went in quick and got out quick so that they wouldn't ask me if I was buying my tree today. I feel like I have moved into a new world and I'm not sure I like it. The only trade off I got for giving up my live tree is Todd promised we could hardwood the stairs going to the second floor within the next two years. 

There's just something wrong about a tree coming with replacement parts!!!

Well...I'm off to see about a pine scented candle.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful - and you're saving the environment! You're husband must really care about you and mother earth.
What a guy!!!!