Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Getaway

It's actually our sixth year to do this trip and this way probably by far the best one. The weather was perfect...slight breeze and in the mid 70's. The first thing Ash and I did in the morning was take an hour walk on the streets and once on the beach. We would then come inside and watch one of our dvd's that we had rented, this was followed by lunch and another dvd. Around 2:00 we would go out and lay on the beach until 4 or 5. This was what Saturday looked like, it was the busiest day we saw on the beach.




Here is a list of the dvds we watched in no particular order...(we outdid ourselves on how many we watched this year...more movies and less time in the sun--we are getting old)


Death at a funeral - absolutely hilarious

Sad. It had a great cast and as always Sally Fields delivers a wonderful performance. It has some very good humor in it as a family learns to deal with the dying of their mother.

Ash fell asleep during this, as she does most movies. I had already seen it so I went upstairs to read. Dad actually stayed awake long enough to finish it.

We all enjoyed this one but it didn't get our highest marks. I love John Cusack films and thought Martian Child and 1408 were better than this.

I have to admit that at first I wasn't sure if I would like this one or not. Once it got going, I loved the quips that were used by Juno especially in the movie. There are as many good one liners off this movie as Raising Arizona and O brother where art thou. (That ain't no Etch A sketch.)

It is just funny. Dad had fallen asleep and missed most of it but when he saw trailers on the other movies he kept saying, "that looks good". It just a confirmation about what the geeky guys in high school did.

I like Will movies.

It's a great psychological thriller, be careful because you may find yourself adding up everything around you to see if the Number 23 is following you.


Loved this movie, made me cry when I found out it was an actual event.

Well, we should be good on movies for a while. Another tradition we have is to go out and eat one night. We did Bud and Alley's on Saturday and had some security guy talk our picture.




The last think we did on the way home was to stop and get a pedicure. Dad has driven us in the past on several occasions and usually falls asleep in the chair waiting on us. This time he actually got a pedicure. We warned the lady who was giving him his that his 71 year old toes were "virgin". She was still working on dad by the time they started my manicure. We told him that he was going to have to do something very manly next week to balance out the estrogen that seemed to have gotten hold of him. I guess it was inevitable, he lived with 4 women for so long!!





Next year Ash and I have decided to bike everywhere and we are also going to rent canoes and paddle around.

No comments: