Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm done

After I went to get the book at 12:10 that night I headed back home. I still had not finished listening to the last book in the saga so i stayed up until 2:30 that morning trying to get it done. I fell into bed exhausted only to be woken up the next morning at 5:30 ish by my friend Lee asking me where I was. It took a while to clear the cobwebs from my head and listened as she said "You were suppose to be here at 5:00 to sign Emma up for art lessons." The sign up actually started at 9:00 but in the past years people began to get there earlier and earlier to get the spots they wanted, until now you can get there at 5:00 and sign a list so that you "save" your spot. I threw on a hat and tennis shoes yelling to Todd that I had to go sign Emma up for her art lessons and that I would be home later. I guess Todd is so used to me doing bizarre slightly irrational things that I all I got from him was "call me before you head home so I'll know when to expect you". I arrived at the church about 20 mins later and joined the already growing crowd of people in the lobby. I was number 27 on the sign in list. We eventually went to eat breakfast at Panera Bread and when 9:00 rolled around she ended up being number 9 in the class with all of her friends.

I continued to listen to my story until I finished about 2:30 or so and then I picked up the 700 some odd page book at 3:00 Saturday afternoon and finally finished it at about 11:00 Sunday night. Not too bad for someone who had to work Sunday morning from 7:15 - 1:00. I was VERY anxious at how this was going to end. Bella being in love with a vampire and a werewolf, who of course are mortal enemies...who would she choose, who would get hurt? I have to hand it to Stephanie...she did a great job of creating an ending where you feel that nobody was left out!!

I was feeling good about the twilight saga (this is what it is actually referred to instead of Vampire Love story) and was thinking that I would take a little time off from reading. About that time my mom calls and says "I've got a new book for you I just finished", well, I can always sleep next week!!

No comments: