My December is crazy. I know, I know, you are all saying DUH, it's December. Well this one is the craziest one I've had in a long time. Emma is in a show called Holiday Show Offs, it is a derivative of her Summer Show Offs. The 3rd and 4th grade have most of the songs in this musical number so they are practicing Monday - Wednesday for the first two weeks of December. We are talking 2 hour practices. My night time supervisor is on vacation at the moment so i am having to supervise the night events at the Church. We had nursery on Wednesday night for the choir and then on Thursday night for a Visitor's Dinner. Today is Saturday and I am finally getting a little more of the Christmas decorations up. Emma, Cat (girl that works with me), and myself are headed to the BjCC tonight to catch a Christmas montage of songs from various recording artists such as Casting Crowns. Up early tomorrow as i have to be at work at 7:00 in the morning and then I have to work tomorrow night also. This Wed - Friday we have the walk through nativity at the church. It used to be a drive through but about the 4th year so many cars were coming through that there wasn't enough time in between scenes for everything so they changed it to a walk through. Now, you can stroll at your own pace and if you miss some of the story being told you can wait to hear it again. There are live animals in the scenes as well as a petting zoo for the younger ones. Coffee, Hot chocolate, and cookies are served in the fellowship hall. After this week my night supervisor should be back so the double shifts will be over with - PRAISE GOD.
Emma went home with a friend for a birthday part this friday, she has only done this once or twice before but those times were with people that knew more about her diabetes. I was a little freaked this time, and of course she forgot to call me before she ate dinner...but she did prick. I'm trying to get her to be more independent but i still need her to call me with a carb count and for me to make sure she has pricked. Maybe I will get the opportunity to go to Auburn after all!! We then went from that party to the Pelham Civic Center to watch her friend Caroline in an Ice Skating program.
Two days after Christmas we have a wedding that needs Nursery...yup, that's mine to do also.
CALGON ..... take me away. (if you remember this, your old like me)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment