Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What to do....

What do you do with an old window frame? Why you get creative (ok, I stole the idea from a store) and put pictures where the glass went. This is something we are going to hang in Emma's room. I think I'll go back and paint yellow & green dots or something around the outside of the frames edge. Emma got her own digital camera for Christmas so she will be able to take pics and change them out herself.



This is one i did years ago and have up on the wall in our bedroom. The kids were still very little (3 and 5 I think) so I thought it would be great to have black and whites of the kids with prints to remember them by. I went out and found hand made linen paper and used a green that is in the bedspread.



I've also "used" their ideas about getting ceiling tiles and creating cork boards for Nolan's room and using a metal sheet, painting on it, drilling holes (my neighbor had to do this) in it, and hanging it in Emma's room (I also did one for my neice).

I think the store is onto me, I get people watching me as I take pics with my camera phone!! Oh well...

4 comments:

Alie said...

this is a test

Amy said...

Did you get an "A"?

Julie said...

I like those!!! I've put my own photos in window panes before but I like it as a display for the kids' work too, so like you say, they can switch it out as they wish.

Anonymous said...

last post from 12/31/2008? think it may be time to update the blog - can it really be called a blog if it's 6 months old? do or do not, there is no try (yoda)