Any girl knows that even if it had ended there, it would have been enough. A new outfit....totally cool. But, there WAS more. Todd and I also bought her a guitar and her grandparents (Todd's mom and step dad) are getting her guitar lessons.
She has been wanting this since the summer. I brought donuts to school for snack, which of course were a big hit. And what better way to end your day than a trip to the chiropractors office?
Dr. Jessica has been working on getting Emma aligned and did some testing to see why/what she was reacting to. It turns out that wheat was a source of blockage for her (boy, I knew that one was coming...most of the time when she eats something containing a lot of wheat she complains that her stomach hurts). Dr. J put her on some pills (food, all organic) to help unblock and flush out the chemicals. We go back for testing every week to see how much better things are getting. I used to be one of those skeptics that secretly laughed about these kinds of treatments. But when you have a child that is in the middle of a chronic illness and medications don't help, you will try anything. I was amazed at the way they tested her and how little interaction it took with the food (Dr. J had it in a bottle and laid it on her stomach while pushing down on her arm). She was able to resist the pressure and keep her arm up until she laid the wheat on her.
I'll keep you updated on how our 90 day gluten diet goes....aarrgghh
2 comments:
It's called muscle testing and it is AMAZING.
The Compound shop in Homewood is great.
If you get a chance to to www.chembalace.com.
Oo ee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang
Post a Comment