
(picture NOT taken by me)
Another thing I LOVE about Alabama is the storms. I think if I could go back and change my career path; I would have to become a storm chaser. I know Hollywood has probably glamorized the whole thing with movies like Twister with Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton. Yes, I could see myself doing the Helen Hunt thing in real life. A woman that I used to work with had moved here from California and was terrified every time the slightest hint of a storm was around. She said that she would take the earthquakes over twisters and storms any day. She didn't seem to think much of my logic when I told her that at least you usually got a heads up when the weather was turning bad, but you didn't know a quake was coming until you found your ceiling on your head.Having never lived in California I never realized how rare storms really are (in certain parts). When I was living in an apartment we had a very bad storm come through that was producing tornadoes. Our apartment manager had to go pull two California natives inside because they were standing in the parking lot mesmerized by the beauty of the storm.
Anyway, we had one of those storms that come through and close down all the schools. I waited anxiously by the front door to see the display of nature but was disappointed as it passed North of our city.
Maybe when the kids are off on their own, Todd and I can take up a new career ....just call me Helen.
No comments:
Post a Comment