I'll add the pictures as soon as I get them downloaded from my phone.
Nolan had his first lock in this past weekend. Our church has a fairly new "club" called the 56 club, for the 5th and 6th graders. I offered Todd up as one of the men who would spend the night at the church and mediate the night. I can't believe that after all this time I've found out something new about Todd. He has never been to a lock in before. Growing up it seemed like we had them every 3 months or so and it was a great time. As I began explaining what a lock in was and what all they were going to be doing during the night he just looked as puzzled as ever. He kept saying "They don't sleep?" "What do they do all night?" Well this is a little of what happened. Everyone arrived at 8:00 pm with a bag of salty or sweet treats for the night. They started the night with relay races. You had the girls vs. boys, various teams, and the 5th vs. 6th graders. Benny got up and gave his testimony while juggling and telling jokes, they ate pizza, had more races, and then at 12:00 the girls went upstairs to the Fellowship Hall and the guys stayed in the gym. The girls had dance revolution going on, a spa for nails set up, snacks, video, cards, and much more. They guys had basketballs, footballs, xboxs and Playstations, videos, and a ping pong table. Only one boy has fallen asleep at night the three years that they have done this and I think a handful of girls. Todd was wiped out when they got home at 7:00 am and Nolan headed straight for the 360 to start playing. I'm pretty sure I'll be the one attending next year while Todd stays at home, I guess you have to get hooked on lock ins while you are young!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now i know that the reason they call it a "'lock-in" - it's because at some point in the past, some of the previous supervising parents "escaped".
Post a Comment