Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day or Labor Day??

While I am waiting for my scanner to work so that I can get the Montana pictures done, I'll update you on how the weekend went. As I mentioned we kept Beau this past weekend while the Atherton's were away. I tried desperately to teach Beau a trick before they came back yesterday. The trick is a twist on the one my uncle taught his dog Max. Jabo, my uncle, would look at his dog and say, "Would you rather be a dead dog or a Republican"? and of course at this point max would flip over on his back with his legs high in the air. Being a Republican myself, I of course had to change this to Would you rather be a dead dog or a Democrat? Well, try as I might...the most I could get Beau to do was lay down. He is half roll over one time but nothing more than that. I'm sure is was my non-existent skill in training dogs and not Beau's intelligence that was the problem. This dog is smarter than you would think. He would wait until he was asked before he would get on the "new" couch (we had gotten rid of the one he was allowed to get up on) and he would sit at my door at night and whine until Todd opened the door and then he would bound over to me on the bed and cuddle up. Maybe in his heart the dog is a democrat and that is why he wouldn't do the trick??? NNAAHHHH!
Here is what Beau looked like for most of the weekend (the lap changed a bit from Todd to me to the kids)



One of the funniest things I saw was when Beau he was in the kitchen, his shadow was showing up on the door frame. He began barking at it and pawing. One of his swipes landed on the "cat". This is the kind made out of metal and it's head bobs, I am highly allergic to the real kind. Anyway, this sends Beau into a frenzy and he begins to bob and weave around the cat barking ferociously and swiping his paws.


On the homefront...We started laying down the hardwood floors in my moms foyer while Art way busy building the custom bookshelves in the office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on Beau. He is a great dog (from Beau's family). After 'doing his business' outside, he will 'ask' for his treat. Kind of a low growl/bark, but not very loud. The Craig's are awesome to keep him for us so much. Since we're going to Disney with them, not sure what we'll do with Beau - any takers?