Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Take me out to the ball game...you know the rest


Tonight we went to the Barons' baseball game at Regions Park. We got the tickets through the church, they had a section saved right behind home plate! I can't tell you the last time I went to a game, maybe the time my dad took us girls while i was still in junior high??? Anyhoo, it was a good game, the barons won, we ate (not hotdogs) at the park, and saw a lot of people we knew from church. At the end of the game the park had a fireworks display. I wasn't too sure about how good a show would be from the Birmingham Barons but I was proven wrong. They put on a fantastic fireworks show. I would say that it was as good as "Thunder on the Mountain" that B'ham does on Red Mountain on the 4th. it is so hard to get a good location to see those that it isn't worth fighting the traffic to try to see them.

We aren't going anywhere for the 4th; Todd is going to finish mom's hardwoods (it seems this has taken the most time and effort) and the kids and I will hang out.

Happy 4th to all!

No comments: